QWhat considerations should be noticed during flexible towline cable installation?AUnlike ordinary fixed installation cable, flexible towline cable should pay attention to the following eight rules:
1. You must pay attention to the minimum bend radius of the flexible towline cable.
2. Flexible towline cable can not twist within laying, that is the cable can not be unfasten from one end of the cable reel or cable drum, and it should rotate the reel or drum to expand the cable, if necessary, cable can be expanded or suspended.
3. The flexible cables in towline must not touch each other or bundled together.
4. If towline break, the flexible cables in it which also need to be replaced because of damage caused by excessive stretching can not be avoided.
5. Flexible cables must be laid loosely side by side in the towline, and apart as far as possible, separate with septa or isolated penetration stent in separator holes, in towline flexible cable voids between the cables should be at least 10% of cable diameter.
6. Under the circumstance of meeting same electrical requirements, the diameter of flexible cable is smaller than other similar cable, with lighter weight. Flexible cable bending performance is very good, the minimum bend radius could be up to 5 times of cable diameter.
7. Two ends of flexible cable must be fixed, or at least at the movement end of the towline must be fixed. Mobile Point of flexible towline cable distance from the ends should be 20-30 times of the cable diameter.
8. Flexible towline cable is fully mobile within the bend radius can not be forced to move. Or between each other so that the cable between the guide means and movable relative. After a period of operation, it is best to check the position of the cable.
Tano Cable supply many kinds of flexible cables with high quality, welcome any inquiry!
QWhat is the overhead bare conductor cable laying claims?AFactories, the countryside erection of overhead bare conductor cable should note the following requirements:
1. If overhead bare conductor cables are arranged vertically, the distance between lines to be bigger than the horizontal arrangement, because the wire swinging up and down swing is larger than the horizontal. Such as the prescribed distance between 6KV overhead bare conductor arranged vertically is 1m, it is 0.7m horizontally.
2. On the same poles, set up both copper bare conductor cable and aluminum bare conductor cable, then the copper bare conductor cable should be erected on top. Because the thermal expansion coefficient of aluminum bare conductor is larger than copper, the vertical distance can be maintained between copper bare conductor and aluminum bare conductor when copper bare conductor cable on the top.
3. The minimum cross-sectional of overhead bare conductor cable, copper bare conductor is 6mm2, aluminum bare conductor is 16mm2. The requirement is due to considering the mechanical strength of bare conductor.
4. Bare conductor cables used in the same section must match “3 Same”, that is the same material, the same type and the same size. Neutral line cross section allows 50% smaller than phase line, but the material and the type should be corresponding to the same phase.
5. It had better to use concrete poles, because of its high mechanical strength, good corrosion resistance, and it’s cheap. Cross arm should use angle iron cross arm, because the angle iron cross arm with a durable, high strength and easy installation features.
6. When installing overhead bare conductor cable, zero line should be erected below the phase line. Due to the zero line cross-sectional area is generally smaller than the phase line, easily disconnected due to wind and other factors, it will not come into contact with the phase line, that is, the zero line is not in danger of high voltage.
7. Overhead bare conductor cable is better to use multiple strands, do not use single strand. Due to mechanical strength of multiple strands is good.
8. Overhead bare conductor cable can’t be connected by welding method, for bare conductor will be annealed under heating welding so that the mechanical strength will decline.
QWhat is the Differences between Overhead transmission line and Power cable transmission line?AThere are two kinds of electric transmission lines are used currently, one is the most common overhead transmission line, which generally uses non-insulated bare conductor through the ground towers stand as a support, it will lead to the suspension tower with insulators; another is power cable transmission line, which producing by a special process, laying underground or laid in cable tunnel.
Transmission capacity and transmission distance of transmission line are all related to voltage. The higher voltage the farther can deliver. Voltage of lines and the system needs to be determined by distance and capacity of its delivery.
1. Overhead transmission line
Overhead transmission line are made up of route line towers, conductors, insulators etc., set up above the ground.
Conductor is made of metal with good conductivity, enough wide cross section (to maintain proper through-flow density) and a larger radius of curvature (to reduce corona discharge). EHV transmission line usually use bundled conductors. Overhead ground wire (also called lightning-protection line) disposed above the transmission line for protecting line against lightning. Important transmission lines use two overhead ground wires commonly. Insulator chain concatenating by single suspension (or rod) insulator, which need to meet the dielectric strength and mechanical strength requirements. The number of insulator is determined by the transmission voltage levels. Towers are made of steel or reinforced concrete, is the main support structure of overhead transmission line. Overhead line construction and maintenance is more convenient and lower cost. Overhead transmission lines should take into consideration of natural conditions when design, such as temperature changes, strong storms, lightning, rain, ice, floods, wet fog etc. The path of overhead transmission lines need sufficient width and ground clearance corridor.
The decided maximum transmission power of transmission line, after considering all the factors of technical, economic and other factors, called the transmission capacity of the overhead transmission line. Transmission capacity substantially proportional to the square of the transmission voltage. Therefore, improving the transmission voltage is the main technical means to achieve high capacity or long-distance transmission, also is the main indicator of transmission technological development level. At home and abroad (including American and European countries) commonly use overhead transmission lines as the most important way to supply electric power.
2. Power cable transmission line
Power cables are generally composed of conductor, insulation and protection layers, there are single core power cable, 2 cores power cable and 3 cores power cable.
Power cable transmission line generally used in areas where overhead transmission lines erection difficulties, such as city or special cross section. Currently used power cable transmission line, mainly considering the urban landscape and line security. But the cable line troubleshooting and repair time is very long, effect the power grid reliability and normal use of electricity users seriously. Therefore, in power grid construction, the power cable transmission line total replace of overhead transmission lines can not be achieved.
Power Cable Transmission Line Features:
(1) Reliable power supply.
(2) Save space and ground.
(3) Don’t use poles, saving wood, steel and cement.
(4) Easy operation and maintenance, save line maintenance cost.
(5) Power cable is expensive, difficult branch lines, cable connectors construction process more complicated, more difficult to find the point of malfunction, inconvenience promptly deal with the accident.
QHow to calculate the carrying capacity of HV power cable?AHV power cable is a kind of power cable which is used for transmitting more than 10KV electricity, more used in the main transmitting line.
For HV power cable below 35kV, carrying capacity calculation is same as general power cable. For 35kV HV Power Cable and above, carrying capacity should be calculated according to the economic current density. For HV power cable below 35kV, you can cousult common cable carrying capacity table.
HV power cable carrying capacity calculation formula
For 35KV HV Power Cable and above, the carrying capacity calculation formula is:
The maximum carrying capacity (J) = cable cross-sectional area (A: mm2) × economic current density (J: A / mm2)
Power Cable economic current density table:
Conductor Material Annual maximum load utilization duration
Below 3000H 3000H-5000H Above 5000H
Copper Conductor 2.5 2.25 2.00
Aluminum Conductor 1.92 1.73 1.54
Economic current density unit is A/mm2
Effect conditions of HV power cable carrying capacity
Under the above formula for the ideal conditions to calculate HV Power Cable carrying capacity, for practical use, the cable system operating environment and operating parameters of the conductor cross-section choose to have a very big impact, with the same cable conductor cross-section in different environments and operating conditions, its carrying capacity vary greatly. The following article will individually on various factors ampacity Analysis.
1. The cable burial depth
In order to protect cables buried in the ground, to avoid or reduce its external impact, cable lines are generally to guarantee a certain depth. But as the depth increases, the cable also will be cooling conditions deteriorate, under the same conditions as maximum allowable operating temperature, cable ampacity also becomes smaller with increasing depth.
2. Mutual thermal effects of multi-loop cable
When the multi-loop cable laying in compact form, since the mutual thermal effect of the cooling conditions will deteriorate between the multi-loop cable, so the carrying capacity correspondingly reduced.
3. Press the cable with spaced impact
Similar interaction between thermal effects and multi-circuit cable, with cable and white back there mutual thermal effects.
4. The soil temperature around the cable system
Select the cable cross-section that is allowing current to determine the cable, while allowing current to allow the core wire is temperature-dependent. Core temperature is not only related to the current, but also on the surrounding medium temperature and thermal resistance. Therefore, buried soil temperature around the cable has a greater impact on the carrying capacity.
5. The soil thermal resistivity
In a preliminary assessment of the cable ampacity, the soil such as abnormally dry or no heat resistance.
Usually for larger cable systems, required before the route survey design when, for a more detailed measurements confirm that the soil thermal resistivity along the line. There is also taking into account the soil thermal resistivity changes with the seasons.
6. Other relevant data
If the cable is not directly buried installation but laid in the conduit and then buried in the ground, in addition to the operational and environmental data to be collected more, the thermal resistivity of the conduit is also necessary, which is also an important influence data to cable carrying capacity.
QQuality FAQ and improved methods of ACSR ConductorAACSR Conductor is stranded together by aluminum wire and steel wire, which is widely used in overhead transmission lines, its quality directly affects the safety of electricity delivery. This paper will discuss the main reasons and improved methods that affecting the quality of ACSR conductor.
Firstly, the ACSR Conductor strands technology.
1. Single Line break:
1) Single line was pulled around the spool too loose or too tight on the line position;
2) Conduit friction due to the trench line inlay dead; single line knot or reel brake too tight.
1) Check whether single line is uneven or pressure line, so they should pay attention to receive reel in cable tidy drawing process;
2) Replace badly worn conduit timely.
3) Check whether the top reel rotation is flexible, to ensure good bearing lubrication;
4) Check whether the reel set is uniform tension, tension should be adjusted according to the size of the actual situation.
2. single line arch camber, loose, serpentine bend
1) The pitch diameter ratio selected is unreasonable;
2) reaming each single line splitter board positions staggered and uneven distribution;
3) The die aperture is too large;
4) Individual single line tension is too large.
1) First, select the appropriate pre-production section diameter ratio haul rate, stranding pitch length and twist to the other parameters. Their product quality, stability, strength, resistance and material consumption compared with a straight impact;
2) According to rationalize the work experience in a single line splitter plate position distribution;
3) The appropriate choice of the pressure the cells, generally require small die aperture between the outer diameter of 0.3-0.5mm than the line;
4) To properly regulate the tension reel, single line to ensure that all tension is moderate and consistent;
5) Adjust the back-twisting device, the angle to be consistent, to remove the guide as an internal stress generated in the process;
6) Twisted manufacturing process to minimize the number of stops, as far as possible uniform production.
Secondly, ACSR Conductor production management
In the production process to strictly control the quality of raw materials into the plant; Note To avoid mechanical damage reels during transport due to the bump caused; attention aluminum storage location should avoid corrosive media humid air and erosion damage.
QHow to prevent high voltage power cable watering?AHigh voltage power cable is a kind of cable used in special occasion, we should obey operation rules strictly when using, once accidents happened, the consequences are very serious. High voltage power cable once watered, under the influence of electric field, aging will occur, leading to cable breakdown.
In the practical application of high voltage power cable, the solution to high voltage power cable watering is as following:
1. If the cable end has water, the front end can amputate a few meters of the cable.
2. If the entire cable has water, can only be scrapped.
So how to prevent high voltage power cable water is crucial, usually take the following measures:
1, The high-voltage power cable should be sealed up, if it is amputated the end of the cable, either stacked or laid up, the cable all should be sealed with plastic so as to prevent moisture penetration.
2, High voltage power cable must make cable joints and terminations timely after cable laying, which can effectively prevent cable watering from the cable end.
3, When purchase high voltage power cable, you must select a good quality cable (such as Tano Cable), can effectively prevent cable insulation aging and other conditions.
4, The Insulation impurities and porosity of high voltage power cable is the starting point for the movement of water molecules, so the cable must be regular maintenance when using.