Get the best designed instrumentation cables for best performance
Instrumentation is a critical part of any measurement, control and supervision process. Instrumentation cables are used for transmitting signals from one end to the other; these are generally multi-conductor cables. These cables are hence majorly used in projects related to power generation and distribution, engineering, chemical and fertilizer industry. In present days, instrumentation cables are also used for computer networking, PA systems and in communication systems.
What are the unique properties of instrumentation cables?
In order to accomplish the tasks which multicore cables cater to, these cables must possess the following features-
• These cables are pair constructed with shielding. The outer sheath is made either from PVC or Low Smoke Zero Halogen(LSZH) to protect the cables from poisonous gas and acids.
• Copper is the conductor material in this kind of cable.These are also constructed with galvanized iron or steel wire armor to protect from technical and mechanical stress.
• These are available as cores, pairs, triads and quads.0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.5 & 2.5 Sq.mm are the normal sizes made by instrumentation cables manufacturers.
• PVC, LDPE, XLPE, PTFE, fiberglass, FEP, Silicone rubber are generally used to manufacture instrumentation cables.
• Aluminum Mylar, copper tape,nickel plated or silver plated copper are mostly used for making instrumentation cables.
What are the benefits of instrumentation cables?
The instrumentation cables are some of the most used cables in the industrial area due to the numerous benefits it offers. Some being
• Economical- The instrumentation cables do not need conduit. For this reason, there is save on material, labor and maintenance, reducing the overall cost of production.
• High performance- How hazardous or aggressive may be the working environment, instrumentation cables can be used without any fear. These cables are not only highly conductive but also insulated against fire and chemicals. The jacket option offers excellent resistance against oil, grease, ultraviolet rays and extreme temperatures.
• Flexible- Instrumentation cablescome with different conductors and hence offer great flexibility.
Which kinds of instrumentation cables are available?
As instrumentation cables can be put to different uses, instrumentation cables manufacturers have come up with different types of cables, like
1.ARCNET Cables- These are generally used for high speed networks where LAN (Local Area Network) connects the industrial computers.
2.AS-I Cables- These are two core cables which are used to transmit power and data. These are used in binary actuators, sensors and other AS-I devices.
3.CANbus Cables- These are generally used in the automobile industry as a part of high speed and serial data networks.
4.CANopen Cables- These are used as a part of fieldbus protocol based on CANbus.
5.DeviceNet Cables- These are used to connect limit switches, photoelectric cells, valve manifolds, motor starters, drives and operator displays.
6.HART Cables- These are used to permit communications over a 4-20mA signal.
But before opting for any cable, instrumentation cables manufacturers suggest that you check the following points-
• The instrumentation cables are according to the BS, IEC, NF, DIN and ANSI standards.
• Come with an armor to be safe from crush and cuts, rodents and electromagnetic fluctuations.
• Have a high pack protection against corrosion, humidity, oils and hydrocarbons.
So why wait? Get the best performing instrumentation cables manufacturers today and provide high grade products to the customers.