How to select Marine Cable?
1. According to the application, laying location, and working conditions of marine cable to select the appropriate marine cable.
2. According to the duty, power type, cable core and load current of electrical equipment to select the appropriate cable cross-section.
3. According to system short-circuit current calculations, determine whether the cable short-circuit capacity to meet the requirements.
4. According to ambient temperature to amend the rated ampacity, and then determine whether the cable allowable current is greater than the load current.
5. According to bunched laying correction factor to amend the rated ampacity, and then determine whether the cable allowable current is greater than the load current.
6. Check line voltage drop, and determine whether the line voltage drop is less than the predetermined value.
7. According to the setting value of the protection device to determine whether the cable is coordinate with protection device; if uncoordinated, determine whether you can change the appropriate protective devices or setting value, or you should re-select the appropriate cable cross-section.
Marine cable type selection should consider the following factors:
1. Application of the marine cable-- for power, lighting or radio communications.
2. Cabling position of marine cable --- dry, wet, cold, or whether requiring shielding.
3. Working conditions of marine cable --- fixed laying, pipe wear or portable
Tano cable is professional marine cables manufacturer with more than 20 years experience, our Maine cable is high-quality and competitive price, welcome any inquiry!!